Super D is the largest worldwide one-stop providing the service of consolidating all of the information from records labels and movie studios into one place and their products under one roof. Super D is the essential partner to so many businesses by offering inventory and technology solutions through our Direct to Consumer Fulfillment services. We help retailers, e-tailers and wholesalers to reduce their costs by streamlining purchasing efforts, providing time-saving one-stop shopping and reducing overall costs that come with administrating multiple vendor relationships. Super D provides superior service, the world's best in-stock selection, direct to consumer fulfillment and advanced technology to support your needs. As a solutions-based operation, Super D can help your company drive additional business in the most cost effective way.
Super D is a successful employee owned and operated company based in Irvine, California with offices in Woodland, California and London, England. Super D employs a winning combination of more than 175 entertainment industry veterans. Our Sales and Purchasing staff has 1070 combined years of experience (an average of 16.2 years per staff member), coming from all sectors of the entertainment industry and beyond. Super D offers a successful stock bonus plan that rewards its employees based on the company's success.
Super D operates a 70,000 square foot facility in Irvine, CA from which all products are stocked and shipped. Our facility operates state-of-the-art material automation and handling equipment. With 500,849 active in-stock items, order processing is streamlined using advanced warehouse management software (WMS) systems which include wave picking by RF hand-held scanners. This, along with automated high speed sortation and packaging equipment, allows for efficient, same day order processing of over 50 million units annually.
In 2009, Super D celebrated its 20th anniversary in the business; growing from a $48 million company in 2003 to a $142 million company 6 years later. This unprecedented increase of 296% comes at a time when the overall entertainment industry is shrinking and digital sales are growing. Super D continues to forge ahead as a frontrunner in the entertainment distribution and wholesale business known for its largest worldwide in-stock selection and best in class delivery systems. Super D has a solution for every possible type of business model.
In late 2010, Super D acquired Infinity Resources Inc, adding DeepDisount.com, Collectors' Choice Music, and Critics' Choice Video direct to consumer catalogs and websites.
Super D continued its acquisition strategy in 2013, acquiring the largest wholesale distributor of CD, DVD and Blu-Ray titles in the United States, Alliance Entertainment. The deal adds distribution, fulfillment and other services to such retailers as Barnes & Noble, Amazon.com, Wal-Mart.com, Target.com and BestBuy.com, as well as a physical inventory of 400,000 CD, DVD and Blu-Ray titles in a state-of-the-art 662,000 square foot Shepherdsville, KY distribution center.
From the beginning with a single independent music store to becoming the largest CD importer in the USA, Super D is one of the world's fastest growing wholesale distributors
- 1990 - Super D was founded in 1990 as an independent music store called CD Listening Bar.
- 1992 - A second store was opened in 1992.
- 1994 - In 1994 a wholesale division called Super Discount CD's & DVD's was started to support music retailers with lower prices on hit product.
- 1996 - Inc 500 #403 - Inc. Magazine's List of Fastest Growing Private Companies
- 1999 - In 1999 the company closed its retail stores to focus on its wholesale business.
- 2001 - In May of 2001, Bruce Ogilvie who had founded and sold Abby Road Distributors joined the company.
- 2002 - Pinnacle Award for Innovation by Microsoft for Microsoft Business Solutions Software.
- 2002 - The company continued to expand by adding two warehouse sortation machines and moved into a 48,000 square foot distribution facility in Irvine, California.
- 2002 - NARM (National Association of Recording Merchandisers) Small Wholesaler of the Year.
- 2003 - In October of 2003, Super D acquired the leading U.S. import distributor, Phantom Sound and Vision.
- 2003 - NARM (National Association of Recording Merchandisers) Small Wholesaler of the Year.
- 2004 - Super D consolidated the warehouses in April of 2004. This was the beginning of the first Worldwide One Stop in existence. We are now prepared to support customers Worldwide with music and video selections from 21 countries.
- 2005 - Inc 500 #304 - Inc. Magazine's List of Fastest Growing Private Companies.
- 2006 - Super D signed an exclusive distribution agreement with internet retailer CD Baby to distribute CD Baby's 215,472 unique, in-stock titles of independent artists' music to retailers worldwide.
- 2007 - Super D acquired import distributor MSI Music.
- 2007 - Super D launched Super D Independent Distribution also known as SDID
- 2008 - NARM (National Association of Recording Merchandisers) Small Distributor of the Year
- 2010 - Super D acquired Infinity Resources Inc.
- 2011 - Super D wins Association of Corporate Growth Orange County Chapter "Reinventing" Award
- 2013 - Super D acquired Alliance Entertainment